Monday, January 28, 2008

Centerpinning - Day 2

What a difference 1 day and a little practice makes. Today's trip to the river yielded much better results in terms of my technique and the result. Having gotten a grip on casting, I was able to concentrate more on line control and my drifts.

We started the day on the lower part of the Salmon river. The action was good enough to keep us there for most of the day. At the first hole, this brown nailed my skein and nearly jolted the rod out of my hand.

















It was nice to get one early in the morning. Now I was getting my head into the game.

Here are a few more photos of steelhead I landed, and a few by my friend Aaron:

























I don't know that I'll invest in a rig just yet. It is very effective to say the least, but it is not as relaxing to fish with as the fly rod. Maybe it's just that I don't have enough time into it yet.

Going to give the SAlmon river a rest for now. It's possible I may go up in the springtime for drop backs. I can definitely use the fly rod then.

No comments:

Post a Comment