Friday, January 25, 2008

Salmon River - mid winter bedlam

I'm currently up here in Pulaski NY at the famous Salmon river. Going to hit the river Saturday and Sunday, trying something new for a change: centerpinning with egg sacks and skein. This will be my first time with a centerpin. My friend Aaron met me up here and we think we're going to do some major damage on the chrome. There are supposedly lots of fish in the river right now and the reports have been good.

Weather forecast is for cold and snow. Morning low forecasted for a whopping 7 degrees, but it should get into the 20's by midday. Extreme steelheading - I love it! It's amazing - coming up through Syracuse, there's only a little snow on the ground, but as soon as you get close to Pulaski, it's like a snow bomb went off. Hopefully, it'll keep a lot of anglers away from the river and we can have some spots to ourselves. Brought a couple pairs of snowshoes (thanks Torrey!), so that should be a big help. We should be on the river by 6am, hoping to be the first ones there.

Hopefully, I'll have lots of photos for the website by Saturday night. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment