Monday, August 6, 2007

Farmington River - 8/05/07

Fished with friend Jeff at the Farmington Sunday night. Got there a little late, so I wasn't able to fish with much light left, but I managed to land 3 - a brown, a rainbow, and a brookie. I like to spread it out a little - OK, so it was just luck, but it was nice to land all three species. To round it off, I landed a little salmon parr, of which there are many in that river.

I told Jeff about this one spot we were at, I had done well there that last time I fished it. He managed 1, but I guess that's better than nothing, right Jeff? Hey Jeff, maybe you should attend one of the nymphing clinics that are held at Harold's? Just a suggestion ;-)

Thanks for bringing the beer, though!

Landed 2 of the 3 on a #12 pheasant tail, tied with a yellow fur thorax. I don't know what they thought it was, but yellow in my flies seems to work for me lately.

Maybe we can get Johnson to come along some night if he's not too busy catching 40" stripers...

No comments:

Post a Comment